I love LA but one of the hardest things to pull together when I’m in Hollywood is an outfit for dinner and drinks. The goal is to look effortlessly cool and sexy, but not look like you’re trying too hard.
1. Don’t think sunny days in LA guarantee warm evenings – it gets chilly!
Early spring can be nippy at night so going for a long sleeve, detailed top over leather pants felt sexy and kept me from freezing. Sweeping sweaters or long overcoats and trenches are dramatic toppers.
2. Leather has no season. Leather jackets, leather pants, leather boots, leather chokers… You can rock it all – just not all at once!
Leather has no season. Leather jackets, leather pants, leather boots, leather chokers… You can rock it all – just not all at once! My leather go-to staples are my leather jacket and my black leather pants.
Attached are a few faux leather choices as well. I’m always on the look out for cruelty-free products. The variety of vegan clothing, and bunny-free testing make-up is getting better and better!
3. Simple, strappy sandals are a no-brainer. Plus they’re lightweight – packing plus!
One shoe I always travel with when I go to LA is a simple nude or black ankle strap sandal. They are elegant and go with so many looks. Reducing the number of shoes in a suitcase is a must if you don’t want to lug around a lot of weight.
4. You won’t want to hold onto your clutch all night – opt for a clutch that has a handle or shoulder strap, or a cross-body with a thin strap instead.
5. Let your hair down – literally and figuratively!
Lose the hairspray and the bobby pins – “beachy” waves, loose curls, or even the “I can’t find my brush” look are actually sexier in LA than hairstyles that look like you spent a lot of time on them.
Oh, and nothing looks sexier than a confident woman having fun!
Enjoy your night out, ladies!